About Me

My photo
"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with someone & they don't have books, don't fuck 'em."--John Waters

I'm the author of more than twenty novels including SHADOW SEASON, THE COLD SPOT, THE COLDEST MILE, THE MIDNIGHT ROAD, THE DEAD LETTERS, and A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN. Look for my next one THE LAST KIND WORDS due out May '12 from Bantam Books. Contact: PicSelf1@aol.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Critiquing

I've been critiquing the novels of friends and professional colleagues for years, and now I'm going to offer my services to others. $250 for 5-10 single-spaced pages of critique pointing out strengths and weaknesses of narrative voice, characterization, plot, dialogue, and what bestseller Steve Berry calls the "oomph factor." What I won't do: red-pen your ms. where grammar/typos are concerned or help you find an agent or publisher. Depending on what kind of a response I get, the return time could be anything from a couple of hours to a couple of months. If you're interested, drop a line here, on my Facebook, or privately at PicSelf1@aol.com. Keep in mind I've written everything from cozies, noir, occult, horror, dark fantasy, and erotica in my twenty-year career. Don't send me romances. Not because I'm biased against them (I'm not) but I haven't written in the form and so don't feel comfortable offering advice in the genre. Otherwise, have at it.

2 comments:

Wade Wilson said...

Thank you for sharing this blog, It is an amazing blog, I am really impressed by your blog, It’s really useful. I will also share Write My Assignment Service and my friends who help me with my education.

Olivia Jones said...

Various input factors, such as the growing hospitality industry, changing dining patterns, and increased demand for takeout, are propelling the food service equipment market forward. Furthermore, factors such as the need for sustainable and environmentally friendly utensils, as well as tight standards governing end-user safety and expanding digitization, are projected to give significant growth prospects in the foodservice equipment industry, in the near future.


Also Read: automotive electronic control unit, purpose built backup appliance pbba market, vegetable protein market